Fetal Cardiology Program
The Fetal Cardiology Program offers evaluation, diagnosis and management of pregnancies at-risk for fetal structural heart defects and rhythm disturbances. Our program has a rich history of success in identifying problems early, that has enabled us to build coordinated care with cardiology, perinatology, neonatology, and cardiothoracic surgery. Annually, our physicians evaluate more than 300 fetuses with complex congenital heart disease and suspected fetal arrhythmias.
Our Pediatric and Fetal Echocardiography Laboratory allows early detection of congenital heart anomalies.
- Direct referrals accepted from obstetricians, family practitioners, perinatologists or other specialists taking care of the unborn child.
- Outpatient and inpatient consultations for pregnancies with fetus at-risk for cardiac defects including abnormal maternal serum screening; abnormal obstetric ultrasound; late or early maternal age; maternal intake of potentially teratogenic medications or drugs; lupus, diabetes, family history of cardiac disorder or genetic disease; abnormalities of other fetal organ systems.
- Outpatient and inpatient fetal echocardiograms - tests that involves the use of an ultrasound machine specially equipped for use in cardiac imaging.
- Diagnosis and management of fetal arrhythmias.
- If desired by the referring physician, consultation with other members of the Phoenix Children's Heart Center team including cardiothoracic surgeons, neonatologists, child life specialists, and/or social services.
- Consultations can also be arranged with other members of the Phoenix Children’s Hospital AZ Fetal Care Network for services including maternal fetal medicine, genetics, general surgery, orthopedics and neurosurgery.
Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery: (602) 933-3366
Schedule an Appointment: (602) 933-6810
We’re here to answer all your questions. Our Fetal Nurse Coordinators are available to talk to you any time, even before your appointment. If you have a question or a concern, please contact:
Lynn Litwinowich, RN, (602) 489-9376 or
Laura Bardeguez, RN, (480) 586-0775
Phoenix Children's Heart Center
1919 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Gilbert - Phoenix Children's Cardiology and Urology
1501 N. Gilbert Road, Suite 203
Gilbert Arizona 85234
Glendale - Phoenix Children's Heart Center
5757 W Thunderbird Rd, Suite E353
Glendale, Arizona 85306
Scottsdale - Phoenix Children's Heart Center
10250 N 92nd Street, Suite 212
Scottsdale Arizona 85258
St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
500 W. Thomas Rd, Suite 700
Phoenix, AZ 85013
Tucson - Phoenix Children's Medical Group Arizona Pediatric Cardiology
5983 E. Grant Rd, Suite 117
Tucson, AZ 85712