Pediatric Residency Program
We believe that a robust clinical experience in residency needs to be accompanied by equally robust academic conferences to build up a knowledge base, confirm concepts, cover topics not seen in the clinical setting, and assist with board preparation.
- Academic Block Conference – 10:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Thursdays of each month.
- Protected time from clinical responsibilities.
- Monthly specialty themes with emphasis on core pediatric topics and board preparation, patient safety and quality.
- Quarterly Class Break-out sessions with residents as educators, professionalism, communication, wellness and cultural competency curricula.
- Patient Safety Conference – 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays, bimonthly, presented by senior residents and faculty preceptors.
- Resident Wellness Curriculum – 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the 1st Thursday, bimonthly.
- Clinical Pathological Conferences, professionalism, communication and cultural competency curricula.
- Class Lunches – monthly for PL-1s, bimonthly for PL2s and PL3s.