Programs & Services
Sports Medicine Program
Our sports medicine team at Phoenix Children’s offers programs and services that support the expert care of young athletes. We also partner with other departments to provide additional resources. Those who need it will have access to:
- Advanced casting for fractures. Our team partners with the Fracture Clinic within the Herbert J. Louis Center for Pediatric Orthopedics. This team of specially trained orthopedic technicians offer same-day, on-site casting and brace fitting.
- Concussion care. Our Concussion Clinic at Phoenix Children’s offers comprehensive assessments and follow-up care to help young athletes recover from a concussion and return to physical activity.
- Injury prevention counseling. Our team will work one-on-one with your athlete to educate them on injury prevention. We also offer community lectures on injury prevention.
- Motion analysis. Our team works closely with physical therapists and engineers at Phoenix Children’s Motion Analysis Lab to better- understand gait (walking) problems resulting from sports-related injuries.
- Nutrition and supplement counseling. We educate young athletes on the best nutrition for high performance. We also advise on the safe use of supplements and energy enhancers, like ergogenic acids.
- Return-to-play counseling. It isn’t always easy to know when it’s safe for your child to return to their sport after an injury. Our team will work with your young athlete to develop a return-to-play plan that provides them the timeline they need to heal and prevent re-injury.
- Sports medicine physical therapy. Our Sports Medicine Physical Therapy program is the only sports medicine physical therapy facility in the Valley specifically serving youth athletes.
- Strength training and conditioning counseling. Our athletic trainers can work with your young athlete to develop strength training and conditioning plans and advise on proper techniques to prevent injury.