Amenities & More
Patient & Family Services at Phoenix Children’s offers a wide array of amenities for our patients, family and visitors to make hospital stays easier.
The Emily Center:
Phoenix Children’s Guest Services:
When your child is hospitalized or receiving treatment, you have a lot to think about and juggle. At Phoenix Children’s, we offer a wide array of hospitality services and amenities both at the hospital and our other locations throughout the state to help make things a little easier. They range from complimentary gifts and conveniences to practical places, as well as banks or places to conduct business.
At-a-Glance – What’s Here for You
We’ll do all we can to make this your “home away from home” so you can focus on your child’s needs. We offer these as well as other resources and services for patients, families, caregivers, and visitors:
- ATMs & local banks – Find locations and other banking details below.
- Business services – You can use available computers, internet, along with phone and office equipment. Workspaces and notary public services are also available.
- Rolling carts bearing gifts – Our carts roll by patient rooms and other areas so patients and families can choose free books, beverages and more.
- The Emily Center – Have resources delivered to your child's room or visit a quiet nook with books, computers, printing, internet, wellness resources, and more. The center’s learning studio offers sophisticated tools and a private place to meet with a nurse or care provider to learn more about a condition or procedures.
- Family centers and lounge areas – There are lounges in the Main building and East building with comfortable seating areas to rest or gather with a small group. Most have amenities such as a TV, coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator. The East Building’s Family Center offers laundry and shower facilities. Ask your nurse for the closest lounge and where to find specific amenities.
- Rooftop getaway – Step out onto our shaded rooftop on the third floor of the main building. Get some fresh air, stretch your legs and collect your thoughts.
- Relaxation room – Caregivers can go here to relax in a massage chair, try on virtual-reality goggles and find ways to destress and promote mindfulness.
- Kids’ Cove – An area for children that includes books, interactive multimedia programs and access to mindfulness resources.
ATMs & Local Banks
Phoenix Children's cashiers may only accept payments for services provided to patients. The hospital doesn’t provide check-cashing services, but there is a convenient ATM on the first floor by Imaging and the Gift Shop.
Ask us about ATM and banking details. Most local banks have a convenient drive-through ATM. Banking options include:
- Bank of America
7579 N. 16th St. – 602-674-4918
3334 N. 16th St. – 602-248-1611
- BOK Financial ATM
Phoenix Children’s Hospital (first floor)
1919 E. Thomas Rd. – 844-517-3308
- Chase Bank
5041 N. 16th St. – 602-589-4340
- First Convenience Bank
1602 E. Roosevelt St. – 800-903-7490
- Wells Fargo ATM
4015 N. 16th St. Ste. F – 800-869-3557
- West Valley National Bank
2111 E. Highland Ave. B-150 (In Park One) – 480-429-6750
Family Lounge Areas
You’ll find lounge areas on each floor that offer a place to relax and some of the conveniences of home during your stay. Our family lounges offer comfortable seating areas, a television and kitchen area that includes a microwave and refrigerator.
Families can spend time together on a cozy, over-sized couch. Some lounges offer access to showers and laundry areas with a full-sized washer and dryer. Ask Patient & Family Services or your nurse for details.
Adult-Size Changing Tables
We have three adjustable height, adult size changing tables on campus. Please see locations below:
- Main Building
- First floor, Emergency Department restroom
- Second floor, family restroom in the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorder waiting room
- East Building
- First floor restroom near elevators
Mothers can pump breast milk or breastfeed in lactation rooms. Ask your unit staff for information about a lactation room near you.
The Emily Center
Location – The resource center is on the first floor of the East Building, between the public connector.
Hours – 9 a.m. – 7 p.m., Mon. – Fri., and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sat. – Sun.
Check-out and delivery – To have health information delivered to your child's bedside, call 602-933-1400.
The Emily Center offers:
- Books and resources – You can access thousands of books, multimedia materials, articles and research about children’s health and medical conditions.
- Computers and internet – Search health databases to research conditions or learn about topics of interest.
- Children’s section – Kids can learn about medical conditions, health and other topics.
- Multilingual materials – You’ll find materials available in English or Spanish.
- Registered nurses on site – Get expert answers and research assistance.
- Learning studio – Meet privately here with a nurse or care provider. Learn more about your child’s diagnosis, treatments, surgery and other topics. Our Visible Body interactive software and 3D model organs make learning easier.
It can be difficult to try and juggle many things away from your business or work. Let us help make conducting business a bit easier. We’ll provide spaces and support.
- Courtesy phones – These are located at the main lobby and East lobby at Patient & Family Services locations. You also can fax and make copies at the front desk of the main and East lobbies.
- Workspaces – Cubicles are located on the third floor of the main hospital building, including a place to charge a phone and/or plug in a laptop.
- Office, computer, internet and phones – Visit the Emily Center if you need a copy machine, fax service, computer and internet access, or just a quiet space to work. You can also send a fax from Patient & Family Services locations, just ask for assistance.
- Notary public service – For your convenience, the Emily Center and Patient & Family Services offer notary public services to witness signatures and notarize important documents.