Transportation (In-Hospital and Local)
Phoenix Children’s Patient & Family Services team offers relaxation, wellness, and spiritual resources and support during a child’s hospitalization.
Guest Services Information:
Transportation In and Around Phoenix Children’s
At Phoenix Children’s, we offer information and assistance to help you get where you want to go. Let us know if you need help with parking, finding a ride, a map or simply would like some guidance for the surrounding areas. We’ll help make it easier to get around – on the main hospital campus, as well as around town.
Our Patient & Family Services team puts you in touch with the right information and services. If you need assistance or an escort to your car to ensure safety precautions, just ask. We’re happy to help with whatever you might need, including wheelchairs and child-friendly wagons for in-hospital use.
Getting Around Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Phoenix Children’s Hospital provides wheelchairs for patients and families to use while in the main hospital. Small children can ride in a child-friendly wagon.
If you, your child, family or visitor would like a wheelchair, wagon or other assistance, let us know and we are happy to help.
For wheelchairs, wagons or other accommodations, call 602-933-1749.
Getting Around Greater Phoenix
Ask us for directions, maps and information about how to get around the Greater Phoenix area. We’ll offer assistance and tips to make it easier.
Transportation options include:
- Taxi cabs and car services – Ask a Patient & Family Services representative to order a taxi for patients and family. Supplement this option for apps that are available to call a taxi on your mobile device.
- Transit bus – Call 602-253-5000 for information about bus stops, rates and schedules, or visit valleymetro.org.
- Valley Metro Light Rail – Quiet, air-conditioned trains run seven days a week with 38 stations along the line. Stops include downtown, the airport and local attractions. Rate is $2 per person or $4 for an all-day pass.
- Airport transportation via light rail and Phoenix Sky train – You can take light rail to the 44th Street/Washington Street station and board this driverless people-mover to the airport.
- Rental car center (airport) – View rental car options available at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport rental car center, including companies with additional locations around Phoenix.
- Dial-a-Ride – for people with disabilities – Ask Patient & Family Services if you’re unable to use other forms of transportation. You can call 602-253-4000 to learn more about eligibility for paratransit rides operating 5 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily.